[5][pageneeded] Aside from protecting granaries and food stores from pests, cats were valued by the paper-based Arab-Islamic cultures for preying on mice that destroyed books. For that reason, cats are often depicted in paintings alongside Islamic scholars and bibliophiles. Now its time to add the carpet or fabric. So, which is it? Muslim scholars are divided on the issue of neutering animals. Within weeks of Milo moving in with us, my mothers attitude changed and now after three months, she has fully adopted him as her fifth child. Cats who sleep in this position often have a regal air about them and enjoy being the center of attention. Can Adult Cats Eat Kitten Food? They love to explore and theyre always up for a new challenge. Have you experienced the funny and maybe creepy experience of your cat suddenly jumping up, running away, or even becoming puffy with all his fur standing straight? What we do know is that cats are incredibly resilient creatures. In addition, domestic dogs tend to live shorter lives than wolves. Cats Belong To A Very Special Family They Have The Power Of Lions, Tigers, And Cheetahs In Their Soul. Even going way back to the 1st century when they were thrown from towers, cats have had a habit of cheating death. While in most countries the cat is said to have nine lives, in Arab and Turkish proverbs poor puss has a mere seven lucky lives (something that was then inherited by countries that were invaded by Muslims at some point, like Spain) and in Russia, is said to survive nine deaths (ergo, ten lives). What does it mean cats have nine lives? Theyre also very affectionate and they love to cuddle. Hurry up, or I'll smack you on the ears with my sword before you have yours drawn. ats are perfect to most people, but not to my 42-year-old mother. This is because they have a unique ability to regenerate their cells. The civilization was known to worship cats, with several deities being depicted as having cat-shaped heads. Food sampled by cats is considered halal, in the sense that their consumption of the food does not make it impermissible for Muslims to eat, and water from which cats have drunk is permitted for wudu (the ablution that is done by Muslims). So, the next time you see a cat, remember that it may be one of the nine lives! Its no wonder that cats have earned the reputation of having nine lives! It is essential to take good care of your cat, keep them safe from harm, and provide them with proper nutrition and medical care to ensure they live a healthy and happy life. For example, in some Native American cultures, the number nine is considered a lucky number. So if youre ever feeling down, just remember that your cat may have seven more lives to live, and theres always time for a fresh start. Gemini (May 21 June 20): The Gemini cat is the true social butterfly. This might change how we interact with them because we may believe they have special abilities and can help us in our lives. I love cats with a passion. The 9 Friendliest & Nicest Cat Breeds In the World, 10 Popular Cat Myths Completely Debunked By A Vet, 11 Tips To Train Your Cat To Sleep All Night, How To Pet A Cat The 3 Basic Dos And Donts, 7 Signs Your Cat Is Not Getting Enough Love, Is Your Cat Lonely? Your email address will not be published. Some people believe, Read More CAT CRYING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE SUPERSTITION AND 5 MORE!Continue, Can cats sense bad energy? While the origin of this myth may remain a mystery, science has revealed that cats are incredibly resilient creatures capable of escaping danger and surviving situations where other animals might not. In other cases, the number nine has beenassociated with luck or good fortune. So I tried my best to convince her. However, this is not actually true. 10 REMARKABLE THINGS ABOUT CATS. As a passionate fan of everything about cats, she is is more than happy to be the editor and provide content on what she is passionate about. Cats also have an extra flexible spine that allows them to move their bodies fast and in the most unique positions. Or would they think that a cats life is more like a game, where they can use up one of their lives and then start over again? According to statistics from the Pet Food Manufacturers Association, there are now 34m pets in the UK including 12m cats and 12m dogs, along with 3.2m small mammals, such as guinea pigs and hamsters, 3m birds and 1.5m reptiles. Partly it was based on watching a scary video about a cat in her childhood. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. An old English proverb of unknown origin directly references the idea of cats having nine lives. This mystical nature then seems to have followed the domestic cat during its migration from the Middle East through Greece, China and into Europe, eventually spreading into all corners of the world. How The Saying "Cats Have Nine Lives" Came To Be - Cattitude Daily Do they leap on your closet doors, cabinets or fridge? Edward William Lane (18011876), a British Orientalist who resided in Cairo, described a cat garden originally endowed by the 13th-century Egyptian sultan Baibars, whose European contemporaries held a very different attitude towards cats, eating them or killing them under papal decrees. While there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that cats have six lives, there are some interesting theories about why this belief exists. Do cats have 9 lives in Islam? The number nine has also been associatedwith luck in various cultures. Like many teenagers in lockdown, sweating through hours of home learning while struggling to remain positive, I really wanted a cat. She is just like any of my 17-year-old friends parents she is spirited, sparky, generous and can be feisty when she needs to be. It is highly amusing when I remind my mother of how she used to feel about cats. Do Muslims smoke? Do Cats Have 9 Lives? Get The Comprehensive Facts Here - FelineLiving.net Cats Have Nine Lives - TV Tropes Islam is a loving and caring religion, and Muslims who have faith in Islam must spread the love to every being on Earth, including the cats. What we do know, notes Science magazine, is that the fascination with cats dates way back to about 12,000 years ago in the homes and places of worship of the ancient Egyptians. In certain regions of Spain it is believed that cats have seven lives, for example. Theyre also very affectionate and they love to cuddle. One could say that many cultures have a unique take on what cats mean spiritually to them. Your cat's daredevil antics can be fun to watch, but engaging them in safe play goes a long way to making your feline friend's life a happy and healthy one. Some people believe that cats have seven lives because theyre very resilient animals who often survive falls and other accidents that would be fatal for other creatures. They are thought to be ritually clean, and are thus allowed to enter homes[1] and even mosques, including Masjid al-Haram. Lets look at the science behind cats legendary nine lives and find out if theres any truth to it! In fact, the Egyptians were so enamored with their feline friends that when a cat died, the entire household would shave off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning. This is likely due in part to the health problems that can arise from inbreeding. They say that nine is "the trinity of trinities" and believe that cats most definitely have multiple lives. In this way, they can slow down the fall. 15 Lovely Benefits of Cats in Islam for Every Muslim The righting reflex, along with their flexible bones and ligaments, is how they are able to survive falls from huge heightsheights that would prove fatal for most other mammalian species, cementing the old saying that cats have nine lives. Lets dig into it and see if we can figure it out. This means that, technically, cats could live forever. I'll take one, and, depending on how you treat me after that, I might beat the other eight out of you too. I am not alone; a total of 3.2m UK households have acquired a pet since the start of the pandemic. However, the information found on Excited Cats should not be viewed as veterinary advice. So it is obviously not a possibility. While there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that cats have seven lives, there are a few theories that could explain where the idea originated from. Seconds later, a member of the crowd lifts up the cat and the whole stadium erupts in cheers. However, unlike humans, cats have more vertebrae. Your email address will not be published. Do cats have nine lives? Cats also have super-flexible bones with a light structure and a thick fur all which they use to their advantage. Cats Are Modern Day Ninjas. CATS HAVE A SECRET AGENDAContinue, Are you curious about the cat crying outside my house superstition? My first attempt to persuade her failed, in the end my mothers fears won out. If someone outside of the family killed a cat, that person could be put to death. Cats have 9 lives, and dogs dont because they have a long history that goes back to Ancient Egypt, including mythology. Your cat's back legs are so strong that they easily can leap six times their height! All fields are required. However, William Shakespeare knew about the saying because he referenced it in his play Romeo and Juliet, written in the late 16th century: "Good king of cats, nothing but one your nine lives." And what is the meaning behind that famous saying? I used my religion to convince her. This can be both cute and worrying at the, Begonias are flowering plants that many homeowners grow in their flowerbeds and in large pots due to their colorful blooms., Fleas are a pain for many pet owners. 9: vision, hearing, touch, taste, smell, pain, mechanoreception (balance etc. Do Cats Really Have Nine Lives? - YouTube I love their intelligence, inquisitiveness and how unassailable they seem. As a result, some people have linked the saying of cats having nine lives with this myththe eight gods, plus Atum-Ra, equal nine lives. [1], Cats have been venerated in the Near East since antiquity. Their abilities to safely jump from high places and their tendencies to escape deleterious catastrophes could have led to people thinking they have multiple lives. Why do we say that cats have nine lives? - Encyclopaedia Felidae It suffered a chipped tooth and a collapsed lung and was sent home from the vet after two days. Instead, these glands are located on their paw pads and their noses, which means sweat isn't a major contribution to a dog's bad smell. Trim off any excess fabric, and voila! These stories may have also contributed to the belief that cats had nine lives. CATS HAVE A SECRET AGENDA. 4. With dogs you get what you see they have no hidden traits or personality quirks. In some cases, cats have even been known to survive falling from great heights. Now that you know the science behind cats legendary nine lives, its time to put this myth to rest and focus on taking proper care of these beloved pets. Theyre always living in their own little world and theyre always chasing their dreams. Learn how to build an easy, homemade DIY cat scratching post using items around your house! So, do I believe that humans have nine lives? It's an age-old question that has been argued for centuries. Much to my disappointment, my mother never wished to join these legions of pet-lovers, particularly when it came to cats. Here are the benefits of cats in Islam: 1. I sometimes think she loves him more than me. However, there is no specific mention of cats having multiple lives in Islamic scripture. Meanwhile, some Turkish and Arabic legends say cats have six lives. Of all the cat myths and misconceptions out there, one of the most persistent is that cats have lives to spare. In fact, there is even a famous saying in China: "A cat has nine lives but only uses seven." This belief likely comes from the fact that cats can survive falls from great heights and other seemingly impossible situations. Why don't cats and dogs have belly buttons? But its an infallible part of British culture: we are a nation of dog-lovers, so as a child I did feel that I missed out. It is possible that the myth originated from the fact that cats were often associated with the goddess Bastet, who was thought to have had nine lives. They are thought to be ritually clean which is why they're allowed to enter homes and even mosques.. She spams everyone with WhatsApp photos of Milo and texts me every couple of hours about how her favourite child is doing. In Japan, cats are also seen as lucky creatures. Do Cats Really Have Nine Lives? - The Fact Site While Muslims are completely free to live with cats, they must treat the cats well. The first known reference to the nine lives myth was in a book by Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century. This age-old enigma has perplexed us for generations, yet the answer is much more intriguing than you'd imagine. 2023 DorkyCats - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP, Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy | Disclaimers | Contact | About, HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR CAT SEES A GHOST? The site is also monetized with affiliate programs from LinkShare, CJ, ShareASale, and other networks, at no additional cost to you. How many lives do cats have? She has many furry friends and loves to talk about them and share curiosities, tips, and funny stories. In many cultures, seven is associated with good luck, so it makes sense that cats, which are often considered to be lucky animals, would be said to have seven lives. They were believed to have been created by thegoddess Bastetand were thought to be able to ward off evil spirits. The educational cat health content on Cats.com is written by or reviewed by our team of veterinary experts to ensure that its in line with the latest evidence-based veterinary information and health guidelines. While the idea of cats having nine lives may seem like an old wives tale, there is actually some science to back it up. The answer to this question has been a mystery for centuries. The idea of nine lives may also have come from Shakespeare or traditional sayings. So, as a result, it is thought that having a cat in your life will bring you good luck. Why does my cat check if I am breathing? We may never know the exact origin of the myth. Shed always found them evil and scary, but when I wanted a cat in lockdown I appealed to my mums faith. So, while science cant prove that cats have nine lives, it can certainly explain why the myth has existed for so long! In ancient Egypt, cats were revered and considered to be sacred animals. The answer may surprise you. [1], The American poet and travel author Bayard Taylor (18251878) was astonished when he discovered a Syrian hospital where cats roamed freely. Your pet can and will try to get them, so best to keep them out of sight or at a low profile. So the age process, like the other life processes of a dog, is sped up. [2] According to many hadith, the Islamic prophet Muhammad prohibited the persecution and killing of cats. In complete contrast, I am an ailurophile. This might change how we interact with them because we may be afraid they will see ghosts or spirits around us and tell them what we are doing. Learn more. InGreek Mythology, the number 9 was oftenassociated with the goddesses of love and destiny, such as Aphrodite and Athena. Each time you make a purchase through one of our independently-chosen links, well receive a percentage of the proceeds. In the end, it only took a couple of weeks of telling my mother how seraphic and spiritual cats are in Islam for her to fall in love with the idea. Do Cats Really Have Nine Lives?Happy WatchingLike Comment Share And Subscribe #facts #factshorts #cats Would they think that a cats life is just like a humans life, only with more lives? They will leave home if treated badly. Cats are lucky animals because they often avoid danger. Dogs Have Strong Natural Body Odors Just as cats don't have sweat glands all over their bodies, neither do dogs. Cat Symbolism & Meaning & the Cat Spirit Animal - UniGuide According to authentic narrations, one may make ablution for prayer with the same water that a cat has drunk from. As a result, the number 9 was often seen as having great significance in Greek Mythology. Cats.com went out and did some research to find what makes cats super survivors. But because animals aren't consuming a lot of carbohydrates, their mouths aren't inundated with this specific bacterium. Use the groups and forums to connect and share with friends. DragonHunter256 3 yr. ago. This is thought to relate to seven being considered a magical number related to good luck. Lastly, believing that cats have 9 lives can also help people to be more compassionate towards others. Morris the Cat strolled onto TV and into Americans' lives in 1969 as the finicky spokes-cat for 9Lives cat food [source: Elliott ]. Cats check if you are breathing, especially at night, because they have not seen you moving for several hours. "Mercutio: "Good king of cats, nothing but one of your ninelives" Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet[Photography by @eMCT] pic.twitter.com/RqSSyd3mf1, Kelsey says the saying has endured because of our connection to felines: "We love cats and want them to be mystical and all powering. However, they are still susceptible to disease and accidents, which can shorten their lives. That being said, cats do experience a certain degree of protection from danger due to their agility and reflexes, so they may have a bit of an edge when it comes to avoiding harm. By now, most of you know that I am a bit of a cat lady. Have you ever encountered this behavior from your cat? It is highly amusing when I remind my mother how she used to feel about cats: Qais with his mother Shabnam and Milo. In Islam, cats are considered to be clean animals and are thus generally well-respected. How Many Lives Do Cats Have? Do They Really Have 9 Lives? - FVEAP All placental mammals like cats, which are mammals with placenta, technically have belly buttons. Few have made progress; many have, Read More CAN CATS SMELL CANCER? About our Ads. Cats are known for their agility and flexibility, which allows them to land on their feet even when falling from great heights. Some people believe that dogs have one life, while others believe that they have multiple lives. This meant that it was oftenused to represent completeness or perfection.
Scott Winters Death Oklahoma, Larry Ray Isabella Pollok, Portal Ri Gov Results, What Idea Was Espoused With The Webster Hayne Debates, Articles D