American photographer and radio personality, Cumulus Makes Return Of Mix 107.3 Washington Official; Jack Diamond Returns for Mornings, "dcrtv.com - washington dc/baltimore area radio/tv/media", "Jack Diamond Announces WRQX Sign-Off; Move Of Morning Show", Radio Online: Straight From The Mouth, The Morning Mouth's March Interview with Jack Diamond, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Diamond_(radio_personality)&oldid=1127293492, Articles with dead external links from June 2016, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with a promotional tone from September 2009, All articles with vague or ambiguous time, Vague or ambiguous time from October 2022, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 13 December 2022, at 23:06. Changes take effect usually a few weeks to two months after the results are finalized. Enable push notifications on your device. The main reason I would turn on News1130 was to hear his familiar voice giving me the current weather prognostication. "Tough day and yes I will miss the newsroom (thanks all for reaching out - I will get back to you soon). Diamond began his full-time career in radio at the age of 16 while a junior in high school. You have entered an incorrect email address! Decisions like this are never easy, particularly as they are not a reflection of the enormous talent, dedication, and passion displayed by the team members leaving the company.. Following the format's explosive mid-2000s growth throughout North America, Jack FM continued to expand into smaller markets across the continent. The Weekly Briefing from Broadcast Dialogue is delivered exclusively to subscribers by email every Thursday. The home for the Mountaineers and the best Music is all right here, 100.9 Jack FM! Id jet (get it?) WAPL fires Len Nelson for Facebook post about Rush Limbaugh On December 26, 2017 at midnight, KSAJ-FM in Topeka, Kansas flipped formats from oldies to Jack FM. B.C. O'Reilly explained his rationale, citing a new Arbitron policy on how online listening is measured: Our radio industry is continually adapting to changing metrics, which are sometimes out of our control within our competitive landscape. The success of Jack caused a cloning effect, with some stations using the names of famous local figures, landmarks, or symbols to promote their version of the format. Los Angeles - Playing What We Want - KCBS-FM | 93.1 JACK FM By 2021, the Oxfordshire stations were run by JACK Media Oxfordshire Ltd,[19] a division of the JACK Radio Group/JACK Media,[20][21] with the others by JACK Media National Ltd, with the JACK Radio Group being ultimately run by OXIS Media Ltd.[22][23], 20042005: Introduction to United States and controversies, 2006present: North American format changes, international expansion, Interview with Dick Stone, Chief Content Officer at Jack Media, by Datshiane Navanayagam on The Media Show, BBC Radio 4 broadcast on 3 November 2021, and repeated in vision on the BBC News channel, Last edited on 17 February 2023, at 08:15, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Oxis acquires JACKfm brand rights in Europe", "MediaPost Publications - Mag Rack: The 2005 Edition - 01/03/2005", "Ofcom awards new FM commercial radio licence for Oxford and South Oxfordshire | Ofcom", "Radio Today with RCS: Original replaced by JACK fm", "Feature: Is JACK fm the future of radio? Waterloo region residents have been left digging out again after the largest snow of the winter hit southern Ontario. Hit enter to search or ESC to close. Radio Host Who Attacked 'Anti-Vaxxers' to Take Hiatus Until 2023 After I see the same has been done to Russ LeCate. Kimberly and Beck: Rochester NY radio hosts fired for racist comments Big changes on the little screen and radio scene in Vancouver. Goldstein said a new morning show will be unveiled in the coming weeks. 102.7 JACK-FM Music. 1:07. He lives just outside Washington, D.C., in Maryland. "Kenzie K is no longer with Audacy," said Audacy regional president Rachael Williamson in . We celebrated weddings, births, graduations with these people. Among the staff impacted at Rogers radio stations in Vancouver areNews 1130(CKWX-AM) meteorologistRuss LeCate, who had been with the station for more than two decades; senior managing editorBruce Claggett, who had been with Rogers since 2003; longtime afternoon news anchorJim Bennie; weekend anchor/producerToby Kerr;and web editor/reporterMike Hall. 12:25pm. Rogers cuts staff at News 1130, Jack FM & Breakfast Television 11 Common Words to Thank a Black Person For a month ago. When this happened with my good friend Drex, I did the math on some of the signals that I watched him explain away.. The current cast now includes Jimmy Alexander, Erica Hilary, Producer Blaire Kelleher and his wife, Lisa Anne. Jeffs post got me thinking. Hysteria Def Leppard The Story So Far: The Best Of . Wolfman Jack guest-hosted the morning show live the first week of broadcasting, and flew in for several consecutive weekends to do a live oldies program on Saturday nights. A bus carrying 40 elementary school students home from a trip to the French Alps plunged down a wooded slope into a creek Saturday, leaving the driver and his partner hospitalized with serious injuries, authorities said. They're free! So LOVED Russ Lacate and Thor Daikow and Greg. He also said he would return on another station. Imagine if Palmer was accusing a BC Liberal? As for BT, a national show will probably be even less interesting than the (eliminated) local version. 3 Ways To Support and Be An Ally a month ago. Jack from 103.7 leaving morning radio in Richmond On the FM side, Jeff Brown, Charis Hogg and Paul Brown, who had been teamed together on the JACK 96.9 morning show since Aug. 2018, have also been released. These are the most common 'exposure settings' for COVID-19 spread in B.C. KROQ abruptly fires morning host Kevin Ryder and crew, ending show's 30 Finally a 101x thread to answer my question. Known in that building for bad management for more than twenty years, lack of advertising revenue, and the pandemic, no surprise. Jim Bennie! (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) a Dallas reporter was fired for 'Bruh' Mystery merch! Im exhausted. youth advocates recommendations draw criticism, Two men charged with firearm offences after emergency alert issued in parts of Nova Scotia, Cole Harbour man at centre of emergency alert dies after injuring himself with knife: RCMP, February home sales in London, St. Thomas lowest since 1995, Hundreds brave the cold waters at Port Stanley to raise funds to support children with cancer, City of London outfits rink for crokicurl, Tim Hortons Brier kicks-off at Budweiser Gardens, 'There are no words': Dementia patient suffers third-degree burns at northern Ont. While there have been moments that may have pinned the two British Invasion bands as rivals, the groups have always been friendly. JACK FM has a new cartoon series called "JACK Toons.". shadwell, london crime; lord capulet character traits; creflo dollar plane crash; pendleton round up events; wilson funeral home karnak, il obits Rogers Sports and Media is cancelling its Breakfast Television showin Vancouver, making adjustments to some local radio operations and laying off several employees. Debuted September 1, 2017 at 5 p.m. Writing. She does not disagree with him she makes a generic non comital reply Robservations: Kristie Graybill leaves Kiss FM morning show; NewsNation One person is dead following a four-vehicle crash on Highway 401 in Scarborough. That has to take a toll. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. I once did a bicep curl with my @TheJUNOAwards statuette during an interview with @RiazMeghji. I agree. "Popular Vancouver radio personality Drex will be off the air until next year while he recovers from a heart attack that required emergency surgery," according to The Province. Graybill, an Ohio native who previously co-hosted mornings at KSLZ in St. Louis, joined the show after longtime co-host Angi Taylor shifted to mornings on rock WCHI 95.5-FM. When Krinda Caron heard of an unimaginable tragedy striking her family, she and her fianc didnt hesitate to step up and open their hearts and home. He was adopted and has one sister who was also adopted. Its a group decision of managers, maybe two or three who make decisions like this. [citation needed] Jack did not last long. A Winnipeg man can now cross spotting a Lynx in the wild off his bucket list after a close encounter with the notoriously reclusive feline in Grand Beach, Man. After a major snowstorm blanketed most of Southern Ontario, snowfall warnings are still in effect for parts of Eastern Canada that has some provinces seeing up to 30 cm of snow. Was a time when wed calculate our retirement date and pension plan. Former U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday that he would continue his third presidential campaign even if indicted. Jack and his partners, Jimmy Alexander and Lisa Anne are proud to host mornings on regional stand out 106.9 The Eagle. NRC Broadcasting's KJAC in Denver was the first U.S. station to adopt the "Jack FM" format on April 14, 2004. Shes worked at a few small market stations and started out as a producer for John Oakley at AM 640 in Toronto. Radio Intel Since 2010. That includes a number of staff associated with the localCitytvBreakfast Television morning shows in Calgary and Vancouver to make way for a new, national version of the show. 20+ years in broadcasting working with the most amazing, kind, funny, generous people, all of whom became my family away from home. U2 Set For Fall Las Vegas Run 9 days ago. As for behind-the-scenes talent, former KGO producer Albert Ermelo also took the news of the closure hard. Theyd made getting up at 5:00a.m. I stopped watching CTV news a few years ago because of the mass firing, which Michael Kuss was a victim of and Jack way before that, Recently I stopped listening to Z95.3 for the same reason. The switch to the format, with no DJs and few songs before 1980 was termed The Day the Music Died by some New Yorkers and has drawn criticism even from non-listeners of the station. Since their sign-on, in 1996, News 1130 has been my go-to radio station. In the Vancouver market, familiar names and voices at News 1130 and Jack FM have been let go. but we will guarantee the No Repeat Work Day 8am - 5pm. Drex had emergency surgery, where doctors inserted stents into his blocked arteries. I will truly miss the long term professionalism of both meteorologist, Russ Lacate and announcer, Jim Bennie. Im his Canadian sister, so I looked at the nurse and said tell me everything, and she did. WZST-FM Jack FM 100.9 Just like the real people and real families that have been destroyed by them broadcasting the narrative about the pandemic and the like. However, according to Rogers Communications, the only thing taken, without permission, for the first Jack FM radio station, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, was the name and the tagline. Please lower your Drexpectations for our new morning show #DrexonJACK #Vancouver @drex @LenaRadio @riobobbo pic.twitter.com/QT1GQDsGLm, JACK 96.9 Vancouver (@JACK969van) December 9, 2020. In a partial nod to this controversy, on June 14, 2005, the station announced that it would tweak the format to include a handful of 1950s and early 1960s songs as well as performers such as Frank Sinatra elements not typical of the Jack format. JACK UP THE 80s with Larry Hennessey! He said, Somethings wrong, and he said it in a very panicked voice, and it scared me, said Vance, who told Drex to hang up and call 911. Diamond and his band have opened for national touring acts for as many as 40,000 people. Their newscasters are brutal. On September 1, 2014, he announced on his Facebook page that he left XHPRS and was working on a new opportunity in the Washington area. No further comment was provided. Drex has a history of heart disease in his family and had been feeling off for the past year, but dismissed his symptoms. Technically they are considered two separate radio stations in the way they are rated. He plays guitar and sings. big screen set up along the facade projected images from "The Warriors" and "Camelot" as the band snuck on stage and fired up their guitars to a droning, buzzing frenzy that overtook the . we took calls. The Official Opposition slammed the province for not prioritizing the south Edmonton hospital first promised under the NDP government in 2017. This Is How We Do It Montell Jordan. It would sure save on Light Bulbs for the xmas seeaon. No politics or "serious". What we jokingly called our 'witty banter.' On April 27, 2013, Diamond was let go after that day's show due to the expiration of his contract. I no longer listen to anything Rogers. Playing What We Want Get ready for ANYTHING!! Hey Bennie! Listen Live to JACK FMs music stream? Weve also hired this amazingly hysterical woman, Lena Schulman. When I picked up the phone, he didnt even say hello. All rights reserved. BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) More employees at 97 Rock have been fired after racist remarks were made on the air last month. The Jack FM format is distributed via satellite in the United States and internationally. Drex Started his new show at 5am on JACK FM Vancouver Today 2023 The station uses its current on-air branding as "Jack 94.5" with an adult hits format and is owned and operated by Rawlco Radio. Popular Boston radio host Siegel walked out of his KISS 108-morning show Wednesday after he said he was told by station management to stop talking about Lovato 's non-binary announcement. Rogers Sports & Media has made staff cuts at its radio and television properties in Calgary and Vancouver, cancelling Breakfast Television in those markets, as well as the JACK 96.9 (CJAX-FM) Vancouver morning show. Im just another ignorant dude whos like, Im fine, I dont need to see a doctor, Im going to be fine! The new Jack station quickly picked up on this, using its trademark sarcasm: "Hey, Mayor Bloomberg. I have a suggestion. On October 25, 2005, Infinity Broadcasting, part of CBS, announced that it would be replacing Howard Stern with Jack FM on some of its stations. Hell be joined on the show by former The Shift producer Bob Addison, wholl take to the airwaves as No Fun Bobby, in addition to Lena Schulman, who was most recently with Byrnes Communications stations in Niagara Falls. Former head coach of the Moose Jaw Warriors, Mike Stothers, was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma of the lymph node, an advanced form of skin cancer. On August 2, 2013, KFMB-FM, the Jack FM station in San Diego, began restricting access to its online stream to listeners within the city of San Diego proper. How a harmless photo caused political outrage in BC | News - Daily Hive The new show replaces the previous morning show team of Jeff Brown, Charis Hogg and Paul Brown, who had together since Aug. 2018. Drex interviewed the CEO of the Canadian Men's. Schintz at NW. On WLKO "102.9 The Lake" in Charlotte, North Carolina, the tagline is "We Play Anything". Rogers Sports and Media, a fully owned subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc., owns 56 radio stations and seven television stations, according to its website. Deb O'Keefe was just fired from 101X for reasons unknown Tim Blackwell and Joel Creasy were ready to party on Nova's pride boat on Thursday night - despite the absence of their co-star Kate Ritchie. He originally went by the name of Bruce Diamond on air at WINX. The Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers are heading in different directions now at a very important point in the season -- coming out of the NHL trade deadline. Other show members included Erica Hilary, Jimmy Alexander, and Bilingual Aly. Drex assumes helm of Jack 96.9 Vancouver morning show I havent done morning radio since I wasfired from the Island in 2012 at 98.9 Jet [CFCP-FM) in the Comox Valley, and I havent run a radio board in-studio since 2014. Whoa I wish I was starting up a new radio station today what talent available !! Diamond has a band (Jack Diamond - Jim Steed Band) that is a promotional arm of The Jack Diamond Morning Show, and Jack Diamond Enterprises Inc. No other morning news show can compare to Breakfast Television and I dont want to watch one from Toronto! English Website 11 Listen live 5 Contacts Jack FM reviews kgo radio host fired chip franklin - roc55.com (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';fnames[3]='MMERGE3';ftypes[3]='text';fnames[4]='MMERGE4';ftypes[4]='text';fnames[5]='MMERGE5';ftypes[5]='text';fnames[6]='MMERGE6';ftypes[6]='text';fnames[7]='MMERGE7';ftypes[7]='text';fnames[8]='MMERGE8';ftypes[8]='text';fnames[9]='MMERGE9';ftypes[9]='text';fnames[10]='MMERGE10';ftypes[10]='text';fnames[11]='MMERGE11';ftypes[11]='text';fnames[12]='MMERGE12';ftypes[12]='text';fnames[13]='MMERGE13';ftypes[13]='text';fnames[14]='MMERGE14';ftypes[14]='text';fnames[15]='MMERGE15';ftypes[15]='text';fnames[16]='MMERGE16';ftypes[16]='text';fnames[17]='MMERGE17';ftypes[17]='text';names[18]='MMERGE18';ftypes[18]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Connie has worked coast-to-coast as a reporter, editor, anchor and host at CKNW and News 1130 in Vancouver, News 95.7 and CBC in Halifax, and CFCW Edmonton, among other stations. For this reason, many stations airing a Jack-like format use slightly different slogans to avoid infringing on SparkNet's service marks: WBEN-FM in Philadelphia uses the tagline "Playing anything we feel like." We chatted about why men dont see doctors, why men need to look after their health. [1] It plays an adult hits format, in most cases not using DJs. 12:29pm. Moved Permanently. Diamond worked in the music industry for Atlantic Records for a few years.[when?]. The show will also feature the stations digital content producer Ryan Sully Sullivan. Theres always good jobs for good people !!! In addition, radio stations that do not 100% simulcast their signals online are essentially competing with themselves. During its run as "Doug FM", WDRQ in Detroit used the line "93.1 DOUG FM - We PlayEVERYTHING!". On June 3, 2005, at 5:00p.m., WCBS-FM, an oldies station in New York City, flipped to Jack FM without any prior warning. Nelson 106.4 FM, 1341 AM New Plymouth 96.4 FM Northland 1026 AM, 1215 AM, 105.1 FM This satellite-fed Jack became active in October 2005, and now serves many of the smaller Jack stations, such as those in Evansville, Indiana and Knoxville, Tennessee. Two people and two dogs died Friday night in an apparent carbon monoxide incident. They were part of the family. To that, most everyone who has been in a job/industry for any great length of time can generally see the wood chipper coming. You know it had to happen sooner or later at Rogers. Sadly, I just cant listen to the current voice that is so high-pitched, it hurts my ears and I change the dial. Stacker compiled a list of the most iconic concerts from each of the last 63 years, using a variety of internet-based sources, including setlist.fm, Billboard magazine, Rolling Stone magazine, and I then went to grad school and came back and apparently they got divorced or never married. Drex is taking some time off to recover and plans to return to his Jack FM morning show on Jan. 3. [2] Meanwhile all Jack FM stations in the United Kingdom used former Blake's 7 actor Paul Darrow as the voice of Jack. Under Pressure Queen & David Bowie. Drex is contemplating whether he needs to introduce afternoon naps to his day. what happened to zachary smith from youtube "Up your game. Kate, a co-host on the Kate, Tim & Joel drive show . One of the early originators of the Jack FM format was radio programmer Bob Perry, on a United States-based Internet radio stream in 2000. Vance is a champion with the Canadian Mens Health Foundation, the very organization Drex had interviewed the morning of his heart attack. [6] The "Jos" stations have no affiliation with Jack, SparkNet Communications, or Bob Perry. The former late night network host of Corus Radio's The Shift with Drex took over the reins of the Jack 96.9 (CJAX-FM) Vancouver morning show on Wednesday. Puget Sound Radio 2023 | All Rights Reserved, Rogers cuts staff at News 1130, Jack FM & Breakfast Television, Radio Mans Favourite Flashback with John Cougar Mellencamp, Wednesday in Broadcast History .. November 18th, PSRs 6 oclock Thursday Night News with the News You Should Know, PSRs 6 oclock Wednesday Night News with the News You Should Know. Drex knows if he didnt call for help when he did, he may not have survived the cardiac event. Jack Murphy told us why in a live interview Tuesday morning. Now we pontificate on our severance As the voice of "Jack," most stations in the United States use Howard Cogan and Andrew Anthony (best known as the voice of EA Sports and GEICO), while stations in Canada use Greg Beharrell.
Hammarby Players Salary, Oaxaca Airport Covid Test, Articles J