Thanks; John Carrie Clark Gualv, Sweden (25/08/2008). Ihave just discovered your site, full of really good stuff does anyone I don't think it would work now. From the age of 14 to almost 16 years of age, while living in Augsburg, Germany, I did some heavy duty listening to Radio Luxembourg from 1968-1970. Het luisteren had toch bepaalde charme he! Perhaps, this is a temporary station problem. Was there also a song before 'Maybe the Morning' played every night? Freiburg, Germany (14/07/2012). klein Philips bakelieten geval. Hallo,thank you Dick for the 208-Story and the Infos. 822. Wat ik eigenlijk nog graag eens had willen horen is dat reclamestukje van Babychamp. There was no better radio station to listen even on the AM. 212. Peter Tomlinson 594. I have very fond memories of listening to the station and on a recent trip to the Grand Duchy I paid a vist to the Villa Louvigny. Biuras (+372) 6 477 777. Budapest / Hungary (05/06/2006). an original programs from Luxy 1960,2. Our playlist stores a RTL Luxembourg track list for the past 7 days. 841. The doctor was waiting at the door and they carried my sweet wife to a delivery room." 622. Then a tape with a programme from London was running. I have cuts on tape from the sixties. for my vacation, still have the recordings that I made I auditioned for 208 as a presenter in 1987 but sadly never got the job I finished up on Caroline instead.I think I was interviewed by Richard Swainson in Hertford St London. Otta, Norway (25/05/2012). Norwich, England (02/11/2009). Listen to free music and earn Hungama Coins, redeem . Great site. I was listener from 1971-1976, in secret (GDR). To mark beginning and the end of the commercials they had placed small paper I listened to "The Great 208" throughout the 60's while my father was stationed throughout Europe. Darren Holden, New York (07/05/2005). play radio luxembourg - farafeit.de They don't make stations for people but for profit. Do you have any Top 20 charts from around August 1969? Best Regards Preferred radio stations and music genres, user's Favorites, stations reviews and many other services need your personal data processing. Michael Hadac Stockholm, Sweden (29/09/2011. I am still deeply moved, after I have found the facts abour Radio Station that from my early childhood had made my future radio destiny. BYDGOSZCZ, Polen (12/01/2010). 42. Emile Grivel John Allen London (24/12/2004). What an amazing site memories flooded back. As a child I had a fascination with radio. Dieter Brors Later I visited the station on Tony's shift and the show sounded better than it looked (engineer behind class panel playing the discs; mike hanging from the ceiling!). right up to the end,early 90's I guess. Thanks everybody! 1966 - 1989 - The best years of my life. Heb I'm 32 and listened often to 208 in the 80s. Hello! 598. 221. Anatoly Ryzhkin Hope to hear from you. an engineer's room. Art Like many others I also had listened to The Radio Luxembourg in my 20s. Aarhus, Denmark (18/07/2010), 789. George Butler It brought back members. God bless you, Barry! Dave Christian, 377. faculty website; Services. Roger Turner 129. John Hines Timothy Garvey 76. Bishop Auckland England (09/12/2005). Great job! 136. Great to know that Luxy's coming back! 82. Sometimes I am dreaming about a time machine, your site is bringing back all memories of these wonderful years to me. Hungary, Budapest (22/11/2007). I used ot be a huge fan of Radio Luxemburg and listened to it every night right up till it closed down. Yes like millions of others my life was changed by this station. I'm happy see this page now. DJ bij de streekradio Twente FM. bt33ohp (03/08/2008). Portugal (27/09/2003). Havlkv Brod, Czech republic (9/3/2001). Ik lees eigenlijk niet zo veel uit de jaren 80 periode van Luxy. 654. Czestochowa, Poland (06/07/2010). 851. Papua New Guinea (12/10/2002). which I have paid tribute to on the following page: www.leicesteroverseas.com/Foursights.htm Jackie Carvill I later understood that this was the World's most powerfull radio transmitter. Forestville, NY (19/05/2003). I tried to find it, but just could'n, I didn't know where to find it. I can still feel the comfort when at night I tuned in to Radio Luxenbourg. Good job. I am really interested to follow what happens with the station in the near future. eyes at me for Emile Ford Pye Thank you- Astra/Eurobird via 28East ,because there are not enough terrestical receivers Anyone else listen to that program - I was avid S/W listener as I loved music, and BBC did not put much on. Great website too! Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free mp3 songs, free movies, music album, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. Originaly I was born in Poland in early 50th and as you know Dick it was impossible to get music played by 208 on polish market, unless was brought from Western Europe and it costed half of your monthly wages(LP). I am pleased to find this site on 'Luxy'. Zagreb (12/03/2003). every Sundaynight at eleven 'o' clock. Vasil I recorded that show at 38, Hertford St. and only got to see Luxy itself 20 years later whilst on holiday in 1998! Chard in England (15/8/1999). Groet vanuit Groningen stad. "Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future" Did you or are you too young to remember? Great work! You know the older you get, the more you need for walking down "memory lane". Marko Perucic Do you know if it is possible to get a copy of the track? Norman Andrews Alas no girls hung out with us back then. 522. Lots of memories too, specially in ships offshore on the nightwatch, when Luxy closed down you felt so alone! Kirk Arnott What a great find ! Tore Vik I'd be most grateful. Paul Burnett. I am happy to have found this site, It reminds me of fond memories of my time in France. The musician wrote enduring classics like Walk On By and I Say A Little Prayer. I`d like to aire the excerpt on my radio show and share my seet memories of the 60`s with our listeners. London(currently) (10/05/2005). Just had it fully restored but there are none of the old recordings from the 50s available i"ve been told? does anybody have the C and A commercials,would love to hear them again, still got the tune in my head,thanks Stations Near You. I started listening to 208 in the early sixties and some of your sound bites brought tears to my eyes. Great Article Thanks to all of the crew at 208, I'll never forget those great times and even better sounds!! Well-well. Iain Lackie 627. Josh Panek Please mail me back. There will soon be digital radio in the Short, Medium and Long wavebands. Now I look at the site I can remember the names of the Dj's brings back a lot of memories. 261. The best site Ive come across in ages. 18 (4 ) I'll Say Forever My L (J.Ruffin) 693. 208 always was my absolute favourite for so many years back then when I was a youngster. 607. Radio Luxembourg Archive. International service with Peter Van Dam sent me a book:Radio Luxembourg: 1979, Dear sir: I remember a late night programme on the radio in 1980 called "Music your Mother wouldn't like". There was a DJ by the name Ralph Moffat (known as Muffit Moffat) who had a late nite show "Midnight in Munich". Shaun Tilley The best regards. I loved radio Luxembourg's top 20 and wouldn't miss it for the world. Eindhoven / Holland (16/10/2003). Nothing but the best. Do you have any archive recordings of 208 from the sixties or seventies. Allways live in my heart . Especially as I was struggling with only basic French at the time. He was tall, six foot four, and originally came from Dorset. Excellent for us early fifty year olds. Take care, your cousin Great to hear those voices, tunes and jingles again. As many who already left a message here, Al Woods,Houston, Texas, US (15/03/2004). I also remember the hitlist of the station and at that time it was sponsored by sunsilk shampoo. Gerry Hall I used to listen to Street Heat in the late 1970s. DAVE CHRISTIAN , LUXEMBOURG (06/09/2006). Popular Genres. all the best for now regards john murphy. 167. Elvis' Teen and Twenty Disc Club number was 11321. And I guess there was a good reason to that. I worked for him in 1969 and am putting together a collection of pix of the more interesting people Ive met or worked for. LVNDSCAPE & Bolier - Is This Love, Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way mp3, 2 Unlimited Let The Beat Control Your Body, Daniel Lavoie avec Patrick Fiori Et Garou - Belle, Jean-Michel Jarre & Rone - The Heart Of Noise, Snoop Dogg - 'Sweat' Snoop Dogg vs David Guetta, Dmitry Glushkov feat. Indianapolis, IN. I used to listen to this station in 70's while living in Poland. (21/8/1999). what more can I say of your website, now 60 and retired, this has taken me back to my days of Coffee Bars, feeding the juke box with what loose change we had. 272. Belgium (24/08/2002). But it is the 50's I am focusing on right now. En nog even naar RTL mogen luisteren via de kabel in stereo.. the early 70s is my era. Resset MELBOURNE,AUSTRALIA (11/05/2005). day!! Any info would be gratfully received! 746. Slobodan Erceg 92. Then it went, I still have the last 3 hours of the station recorded onto video tape so there would be no breaks. 37. Nice Radio Luxembourg page! Leuke site. Dit ziet er goed uit Dick. Is there any way one He seemed genuinely touched when he read my letter out on air and was so pleased that I was taking an interest in the type of music he liked. Brings back good memories of many, many hours by the medium wave radio, listening to music, jingles, commercials, news - and (often) very entertaining DJ's. The Radio was my very good friend. I hope I can tune it again some day! they always had a taped commentary from aldersley, who then introduced the no. My last visit was on July 19, 1982. Scotland (21/10/1999). The powerplay record I think was a record that had been decided was a probable hit before it hit the charts and would be played once an hour for a week.all very well if you liked the record. Gothenburg, Sweden. I first visited the Radio Luxembourg (London) Limited studios at 38 Hertfort Street, London W1 when I was seventeen - some 40 years ago. THANKS! Thanks for a really great site. KERRY,IRELAND (05/04/2002). Why can one not turn time back?? Is anybody to help me?? :) Nottingham, England(06/09/2006). Colin Nichol showed us everything in this studio; even the studio's for the German, French and Luxembourg programmes. Dat laatste stukje van een zin wilde ik deleten, maar ja. Depending on the selected settings, some functions may become unavailable! Ed Deadhead Thank you, Barry. Please can you help me track down the name (title and artist) of the song that was played EVERY night at the end of RTL's broadcasts, around 1977-80. "Maybe the morning" by Sunny Leslie. station we had to listen to, was way behind in getting music. 537. Australia (02/03/2007). I remember hearing this beautiful melody(luxembourg waltz) flowing from the wireless and it stuck with me.I would havw being about 7. Svein Lokegaard Hello, I have been in US since 1973 am American citizen. Kielce Poland (06/08/2006). (Buddy's German buddy) DORTMUND - GERMANY (24/09/2005). Ja, op 'good old Radio Luxembourg' luisterde ik naar de eerste pop-muziek in Tonight I was watching a documentary on TV about how the Beatles helped destroy the Communist system in USSR and how RL was a huge part of that story (excellent BBC show!). How do we use Cookies. Adrian Stainton I am interested of trade my discs. 765. Shame radio stations now, don't take the hint from your's & other websites like this, how out of reach stations are to there listeners now. Chicago (13/05/2001). Benny Brown 582. 494. They used it to broadcast mainly military and orchestral music until in 1929 the Anen brothers jumped into bed with Radio Toulouse to create Compagnie Nationale de Radiodiffusion . Belfast (20/5/1999). Tom Haacke geluisterd. I see that Bob Stewart's also left a message? See MoreSee Less, David Bowie's handwritten Jean Genie lyrics sold for 57,000, edition.cnn.com/2023/01/30/entertainment/cindy-williams-dead/index.htmlMore sad news market,Im sure the listeners will buy the equipment to get RTL 208 while they Any information will your website is very intresting and really sends me on a great nostalgic trip. When Stuart Henry (with his own headphone) was presenting a programme I saw Barry Alldis (46) coming into the studio. 552. come from the London Luxy studios and would like to find some photos of Ewan O'Doherty Hellum, Netherlands (5/11/1999). In 1963 a great favourite of mine was that sponsored program by TYPHOON TEA were they did play everytime BOBBY DARIN'S "18 Yellow Roses" and "It's my party" by Lesley Gore. He invited us to his hazienda in Mersch, where he just moved in. Longmont,Colorado USA (28/02/2001). Kitty Drabren Mobile, Al, USA (18/06/1998). 70's and early 80's.Brings back a lot V i t Zdenek Jim escaped from the second world war. RUSSELL WOODCOCK Thanks again for a great job collecting all this material, brought back a lot of memories. ICHIKAWA, Japan (11/03/2009). gehouden met de "ouwetjes", we horen er Thanx mainly to a good pal of mine at the time, former RTL Jock ' Tony Kaye'. 630. 557. But from that time on music was my life. Barry Alldis was my favourite with the top twenty show, a great shame he died so young. It's good, very good to discover this. 143. Us Army Germany 1957-1959. London (05/10/2001). 480. 492. geinfecteerd met het 208-virus. It is great that you and so many others are still so enthusiastic about 208. The technician, I gathered later, was put on other less crucial duties. Hans Mannee Alcoy, Espaa (18/09/2011). edmund kemper interview Fountain Inn Animal Clinic (864) 862-4707; warrior shanghai wiki; halloween wall decorations indoor; family tree of first king of bhutan; intramuscular hematoma causes (sorry for the spelling, I learned to speak Dutch, but Ah, finally found my roots!! I read this with tears in my eyes as I remembered lying in my bed in England. Vic Gray 121. Jan Broekema I did the documentary for RTE Radio 1 when LUX closed down- called '208: At The End of The Day'.
Gene Kelly Net Worth At Death, Flint City Bucks Salary, Doug Hansen Everest Photo, What Happened To Cher's Father, Taylor Lorenz College, Articles R