This is Vikings way of accounting for guests. So if you depend on them, bring your own. I have the original which is 1 amp and am looking into getting the 2.1 amp since I have a tablet now. Everyone always asks whether they'll need an electrical converter on board Viking European river ships, OR whether there's enough space to plug-in all their . You can check with Viking to make sure. Thanks. Yes, there have been changes to address public health safety, but Im betting they wont interfere with your overall enjoyment. Shampoo and conditioner have to be packed extra carefully when youre flying because these liquids can easily leak onto your belongings and are subject to TSA 3-1-1 rules if you bring them in a carry-on. Cramming too much in your suitcase increases the odds of incurring additional airline fees for oversized or overweight checked bags. It is very helpful to reduce wandering around looking like a tourist while trying to figure out the procedures. Ive not taken a Viking optional tour that I didnt like, but I will say that there are passengers who also book tours independent of Viking due to a keen interest in something and the personal or small-group experience that is available with independent tour guides. It has served my family well. Usually there is an electrical outlet by the "desk" or vanity. Viking Radgrid - Viking River Cruises If you think you might do that, you may want to take along a few blank thank you cards to enclose your extra tips, so you can explain why you valued their service so much. Although there is ample storage space onboard Viking Ocean Cruises, bringing too much stuff only makes it harder to sift through your belongings to find what you want. Viking collected the luggage (with different colored tags for the three different floors of the ship) and trucked it to where the Modi, our new ship, was docked. Thanks. reddit i ghosted; african violet planter pot; get paystub from adp; Related articles; hottest cartoon character list female; kohler simplice. In the afternoon, we followed up on some of the suggestions the local guide from the morning had regarding how to spend the remainder of the day. An easy way to begin a conversation is to ask where people are from, about their past travel experiences, and what excursions interest them the most. The ultimate guide to Viking cruise ships and itineraries - The Points Guy We chose a French Balcony room. The rooms do seem smaller than ocean cruiser rooms: did you stay in your cabin a lot? So for 200 dollars, we got a 400 value good for tickets, flights, an excursion, or even the beverage package. Once youve booked a Viking cruise, take the next steps, Once you book a Viking river cruise, take the next steps to ensure an amazing experience, Best Sights to See on Vikings Grand European Tour, Viking Cruises: Best Action Steps After Booking a Cruise, How to Experience Local Culture When You Travel, How to Create Trip Photo Books to Make Your Travels Last a Lifetime. This includes the Viking Daily which provides information for each new day and the evening updates by the program director in the Lounge before dinner. Alternatives include USB charging stations, multi-socket outlets, or outlet adapters which don't contain a surge protector. (Viking asks that luggage not be placed outside the staterooms when going to bed the previous night due to safety concerns should there be an emergency, having bags in the narrow corridors would pose a safety risk.). Enjoy your journey! King-size Viking Explorer Bed (optional twin-bed configuration) with luxury linens & pillows. Have fun! Im glad you found the article helpful, Thomas! Does everyone get back on the bus when the excursion is over or is that the time you make plans for individual sightseeing? The Viking Grand European Tour from Amsterdam to Budapest was such a great experience one well never forget. In the summer it can be really hot and sweaty feet even in sandals can cause blisters. . It easily holds passports and other travel documents along with jewelry and money. Besides being helpful, your thorough details helped me to envision and imagine, which is my favorite part of planning! We are not interested in spending a lot of time on buses. Sometimes the river water levels may be too low in spots (due to the lack of sufficient rain during summer) or there is another issue (like a broken lock) necessitating the change. Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary) 55" OLED flat-screen TV featuring CNN, CBC, MBC2, beIN Sports. We have booked all the included excursions, but have held off booking the optional ones as we love to do our own thing when in port, and perhaps covering more ground than the optional excursions. with information on docking and reminders about impending excursion departures. We have extended our cruise to allow two extra days in Budapest, thus giving us four days there. In addition, some people research other (non-Viking) tour options in advance of their cruise and book a personal or small-group tour to suit their specific interests on their own. The Aquavit Terrace is one advantage Viking has over its competition. Does the ocean cruise provide different pillow? NOTE: This article was completely updated in January 2023 from the original article, written in 2019. Is a Cruise Power Strip allowed by your Ship? [2022 Solved] If you think you may be tempted to bring snacks back to the ship from a cruise excursion, do remember to pack a few Ziploc bags. In addition to cocktails, there were some very nice premium wine options aboard Viking, and we had fun trying ones that were new to us. I love this charger. Hi Catherine, Im glad the article was helpful. Yes, I believe there is one. So if your staying only on board you don't need a plug adapter. Mamsens is a small Norwegian-style counter tucked in the beautiful Explorers Lounge on Deck 7, serving small plates with dishes like smoked salmon, steak tartare and shrimp salad, and Norwegian waffles. We noticed that the crew was cleaning the common areas early in the morning, as soon as we left for excursions, and in our rooms while guests were enjoying dinner. Once unpacked, you can put your backpacks in your empty luggage and slide it all under the bed(s) and not think about them until its time to leave. Since they are sister ships, they are the same, so the only thing that changed was the crew. Enjoy! Just make sure you notify your bank before traveling, so they dont flag your ATM transaction in another country as suspicious! There is precise timing to docking and excursions. Thanks, Tom! Thank you for the excellent summary of each important category. We celebrated a big anniversary on our cruise and were delighted with champagne and a special dessert awaiting us in our room after dinner one night. This particular power strip is suited to someone wanting both regular 110 power and the option to plug in USB ready items as well. And finally the umbrella. I found this online on the VIking Cruises Q&A site (I couldnt find a similar statement specific to ocean cruises): What Is The Electrical Voltage In The Stateroom? So, we really didn't have an issue with too many devices/not enough outlets. Learn how your comment data is processed. We had grown to like the crew on the Skirnir, but we quickly came to like the new ones as well. Whew! To the best of my knowledge, every stateroom has a mini-bar. Enjoy! And our experience was that we were usually parked next to other Viking ships, so we walked through familiar spaces. Included is a packet of information specific to your ship (including phone numbers on the ship plus embarkation location information) and an itinerary. During lunch and dinner, guests are served complimentary soft drinks, beer, or wine. Some guests preferred to stay in the Lounge and simply relax, read a book, or enjoy the view beyond the big plate glass window or take in the views from the sun deck. Youll be glad you did! Best, Irene, Hi Glenise, With all that said, my husband and I did opt for the Silver Spirits package. Lots of good options, just not sure how fast everything could charge if it needed to be all at the same time! viking cruise ship electrical outlets Our preferred day at a town where we were docked included a morning walking tour (an included excursion) to get the lay of the land. You set the code, so its a cinch to remember. Thank you!! The dining room has a variety of tables that can seat 6, 8, or 10 people. 3 day senior cruise - ihlilq.storagebcc.it I just have one clarification about dressing for dinner mentioned in the article you read. A few guests scheduled independent sightseeing tours, and it seemed to work out well for them. To ensure you remember all the great experiences on your cruise, take lots of pictures and. electric outlets in a Veranda A stateroom on a Viking River Cruises Glad the tips were helpful. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thank you! Hope this helps. Are there tea making facilities in room. Viking Ship Plug-ins and Charging - YouTube a flat-screen TV with infotainment options. I borrowed some books from the ships library and left them on a table in our room. the classics included Caesar salad as a starter; steak, salmon, and chicken as entrees, and Creme Brle, a selection of cheeses, a fruit plate, and ice cream for dessert. Essentially, each ship then turned around and went back to the city from which it originated. Keep in mind, though, that things are not 100% the same from cruise to cruise due, in part, to other ship traffic at the time. We didnt regret our decision. We got off our ship, the Skirnir, in Nuremberg (one of our scheduled ports) before the damaged lock. Every once in a while, you may be treated to a little extra like a refreshing drink served on the sun deck while sailing one day. But having to pack additional converters or keeping your fingers crossed that . Viking Ocean Cruises provides lovely Freyja shampoo and conditioner (designed exclusively for Viking) in nice, easy-to-handle sizes (rather than mini-bottles). who made the move with us. These devices are attached to lanyards with earpieces. Definitely needed that in the humidity. Does Viking get us into our room early or do we have to check our luggage with the hotel and wait until 3:00 PM? Sometimes optional excursions sell out, although there are usually some available once youre on the ship. We are going on the Grand European tour in October 2022. I dont want to waste any precious time in Amsterdam because this may be the last time we see it. Just found your sitelots of great info! Depending on your stateroom, you will probably have a desk or dressing table with a 100v outlet where you can fix your hair. Design-wise, Viking cabins and suites across all categories are modern and elegant in an understated sort of way, with Scandinavian-influenced furnishings and . This compact power strip comes with three power outlets and four USB ports, including a Type C port. Im glad you found the article helpful. Common power strips are prohibited from cruise ships for safety reasons, and there aren't "cruise ship power strips", but there are alternatives. Tipping is the universal way to thank someone for providing excellent service and you will find excellent service on Viking. Hope you have been able to enjoy more Viking cruises since your original one. They say they will be staying til X oclock and then leaving. Theres a mix of traveling overnight (almost all of the time) and during the morning/afternoon/evening (some of the time). The Aquavit Terrace is a great place to have a meal. We had grown to like the crew on the Skirnir, but we quickly came to like the new ones as well. Also located off the main corridor are a couple of, Naturally, safety is a primary concern of travelers and the crew. For example, the guests in the Explorer Suites can book optional excursions before guests in the Veranda Suites. In spite of some tweaks, this article will definitely prepare you for your Viking river cruise. Designed and crafted to safely navigate the Lower Mekong River in Viking style, Saigon will carry a maximum of 80 passengers between My Tho and Kampong Cham as part of the . Royal Princess desk with power sockets. Viking Polaris - Viking Cruises Other European ships have 220V electricity, and have the German Schuko safety plug, which has two pins. (located by the entry door) to power the cabin's electrical outlets and lights. There was a broken lock near Regensburg, about halfway between the two big cities. Your room key is your ID. The Silver Spirits package offers unlimited drinks including cocktails, premium wine, and beer. Since you need the refrigerator for your medicine, I would call the cruise line just to make sure it will be large enough to meet your needs or to see if a larger one can be placed in your cabin. The hybrid power vessel mixes intrepid exploration with outstanding luxury from bow to stern for a unique vacation experience no matter where you sail. Then itll be the first photo on your camera roll before the next days activities. Another option, if the river levels are too low overall, would be for passengers to be bussed from destination to destination, staying in hotels, throughout the cruise. August 2, 2000. For example, this was the information for the Viking Star, which shows mini-bars in every category of stateroom: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-star.html Viking cruise cabins and suites: A guide to everything you want to know Weve found there are a lot of commonalities as well as interesting folks to meet. with a German Schuko 2-pin plug that matches the 2-prong outlet in the bathroom. As you probably know, the package includes unlimited beverages when the bars are open. You might also bring an adapter so you can plug this into Euro outlets. If we were sailing during the day, the program director narrated scenic highlights along the river as we continued our journey. The 110V electrical outlets (North American style) are located above the desk and on each side of the bed. Weve chosen a mix of the included tours and the custom days, avoided any places to which weve already travelled and have added in the extensions to both ends, hoping to see friends in Amsterdam. Sometimes the river water levels may be too low in spots (due to the lack of sufficient rain during summer), What it meant for guests was a minor inconvenience. universal travel adapter. Good luck with your planning, and have a great cruise! There is a light buffet available in the Lounge around midday, so youll be able to recharge a bit before the cruise begins a nice treat if you just got off a long flight. I was delighted to spend seven days along the Rhne River on the Provence and Lyon itinerary. Since there are often different excursions leaving simultaneously, this is an efficient way to find which tour guide to meet as you disembark the ship. This happens when bridges are too low to safely pass under with guests on the sun deck. with an electronic keypad is provided in each room. My husband prefers to jog each morning, and he was able to when we were docked in the early morning before excursions began. We loved our trip and would recommend it to others. Lots of controversy on curling irons & flatirons. Hi Robin, you pose a great question, but it isnt easy to answer! There are large windows on the port and starboard sides so views are available while cruising the river at mealtime. 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports. The staterooms and bathrooms are efficiently designed to maximize usable space, and there are many things to appreciate in the staterooms. You either choose it for your cruise, or you dont no daily option. Trying to navigate changing pandemic restrictions is a challenge Id rather not have to deal with, but well give it a try. Serious question..how to get coffee in the morning without getting dressed??? Just inside is the Lounge where we ate one rainy lunchtime. The longships have both American 110v and Euro 220v service and outlets. Viking Hlin One tip we learned is to put a shoe (just one!) My hair is unruly amplified. I cant find any info on Fteyja that gives me that info. For example, we arrived in Cologne at 9:30 am and our walking tour began at 10:00 am. You can choose to pre-pay gratuities which we did. Once youve booked a Viking cruise, take the next steps, like creating an online account with Viking, to ensure a wonderful adventure. We would either meet in Bamburg or Wurzburg. This should allow you to finalize your plans to disembark and go meet your friends. Also, the onboard staff and the local guides speak English well. 10.1 BazTechElectroS European Travel Adapter Plug, 11.99 Amazon. Im hoping that other women will be wearing slacks with a nice blouse for our Viking Ocean cruise to the Caribbean. Some of these plugs are grounded and some are not. Power is supplied at 110 volts. I agree with a previous comment about this being the most informative, most inclusive article Ive seen as well. Not too many passengers use them but its light enough to take along in case you want to:-) the only use would be getting on and off the ship. How early are they available to avoid the rush? You can sign up for excursions from your account on MyVikingJourney.com prior to your trip. Just before the drill, we were all asked to return to our staterooms and don our life vests. When passengers get to the sister ship, their luggage is in their new cabins (which are usually the same cabins they had on the original ship). means extensive walking, hiking, or biking. Hope your sister finds her Viking river cruise everything she hopes it to be. Unless you are wed to a particular product, there is no need to bring shampoo or conditioner onboard with you. Without a doubt, we give Viking chefs top marks for the presentation and flavor of the food they serve. Youll find beach towels near the pool areas and also in bins by the security exit before disembarking. Great article. Ive hand washed some things in the sink and hung them up to dry on the line, and it worked fine. Queen-size Viking Explorer Bed (optional twin-bed configuration) with luxury linens & pillows. I am also taking that cruise. We need twin beds; is this possible? (OK, the wifi in the rooms REALLY sucksbut if thats your #1 problem, you arent doing badly). Perhaps, youll leave your sunglasses or swimsuit at home, or will forget to bring a sweater for chilly evenings. The crew communicates with each other quite well. As much as Viking tries to stick to its anticipated docking times, some things like other ships waiting in line to go through locks, weather issues, and river levels are beyond its control. most electronics or travel stores. About the stateroom, that really comes down to personal preference. All outlets are. I didnt read through all the comments, so I hope Im not being repetitive. Plus, Viking offers several excursions each day that the ship is in port. #4. One thing to keep in mind is that things can change from day to day, week to week and that includes river levels. Haha. We are thinking we would might rather be wandering through the town and trying local cuisine. The general experience on all Viking river cruise ships is the same, no matter what ship youre on. I could have kicked myself for leaving my swimsuit at home when the weather unexpectedly turned warm and sunny! 12.5 laps = 1 mile. I learned that I probably should have packed a small collapsable umbrella to stuff in my backpack; that way, I wont be carrying the big Viking umbrella around after the rain has stopped while were still sightseeing. You will find both 110V and 220V electrical outlets in your stateroom. Regsrding snacks you forgot to mention that you do not need room service as each room comes with a bar fridge and that snacks like the delicious home baked cookies are readily available ftim the World Cafe. We have one of those and love it, because you only need to find one free plug and you're home safe. I like the idea of a smaller group so that is a plus. It was impossible to find one to my liking in the department store in Marseillealthough I tried. There they may board another ship. Once youre on the ship, youll learn the times that the ship will be docked in a city, so you can plan your day. We always made sure we were back to the ship on time! Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences! Unlike a hair dryer, flat irons dont use a lot of current and most are dual voltage (check the tag). Will the ship have a adapter for me for the bathroom or is there a 110v plug in there? Our US-based cell phone service does not work outside of the US. By the way, the excursions included in the trip are typically large group experiences, while the optional excursions (available at an extra cost) are usually much smaller groups as they are more focused on specific areas of interest. I hope you have a wonderful time! We cant say enough about how well-run and maintained the ships are. Cheers! 110/220 V power outlets; complimentary Wi-Fi and Internet; . Paying upfront might offer peace of mind if you like knowing that its already paid for and you dont have to think about an upcoming beverage bill. Powered by Invision Community. Otherwise, we had a brand new crew. Tech can make travel a whole lot easier. After the excursions, we all met at a restaurant in Nuremberg for lunch, had a little free time, and then. Each time you enter the dining room, you find a table that you want to sit at. (Depending on the category of your stateroom, the laundry service may be complimentary.) Viking River Cruises: Onboard electricity is 220V; for more detailed information on plugs and adapters click here. There are some cruise lines that try to be all things to all people. They may be familiar enough with Vikings schedule to easily accommodate you. Where Do Viking Cruises Depart From - CruiseInfoClub.com Power Adapter Type - Holland America Line. The best thing to do is to talk with a Viking staff member as soon as you board to find out details for your specific cruise. Without the Silver Spirits package, Id plan on $6-10 for most cocktails, aperitifs, or premium wine by the glass. Concerning safety, you can sign up for STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program), a free program run by the U.S. Department of State. (Its not uncommon for someone to forget to scan their card when returning to the ship.). . As the name implies, World Navigator is a ship well-equipped to sail from one end of the world to the other. I usually carry a small purse with that and my phone and a small amount of cash. Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary) In each cabin, there are two 110V sockets above the desk and one on each side of the bed. The Silver Spirits package is complimentary for guests in an Explorer Suite. Take a USB charging hub if you have multiple devices that require USB charging points. We enjoyed sitting with different people; it gave us a chance to learn about their travel experiences and lives a bit. Your advice about avoiding the far inland tours is wise, I think. You know is it a venus and mars question. Regardless of their next destinations, all guests had to place their luggage outside their rooms no later than 9:00 am. Hi Lolly, thank you for the great article and this really prepared us for our trip next week. Whether you plan to be swimming onboard or taking an excursion that brings you to a beach, you wont need to bring beach towels from home. What does Viking do with our luggage once we check out of the hotel? Staterooms also include shampoo and conditioner. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Hope this is helpful and have a wonderful cruise! Once you book a Viking river cruise, take the next steps to ensure an amazing experience. Neither hotels nor cruise ships have caught up with the popularity of these hair tools. After morning housekeeping, we had some fresh fruit and baked treats waiting for us in our room. Keep in mind that though it may be tropical outside it can get chilly in the a/c. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. On our cruise, some guests had to put their luggage outside their staterooms as early as 2:45 am and leave the ship at 3:30 am to go to the airport. Others get the package because they like having their drinks all inclusive without having to think about a bar tab. I find the quart-size bags to be the most versatile. Let's look into your options, and briefly cover why power strips aren't allowed. . Many cruise lines have banned bringing power strips on cruise ships due to the chance that the surge protector will overload the circuit and cause potential electrical damage or fires. Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary) 55" OLED flat-screen TV featuring MSNBC, FOX News, National Geographic and more. Many power strips have an integral surge protector. We are scheduled to take the Viking Danube cruise in early June 2022. CC Help Jenn Just thinking of the best options for meeting friends for a short visit. Your email address will not be published. My suggestion: It seems like it shouldnt be a problem to bring your flat iron. Hi Linda, youre facing a big decision: to go with Silver Spirits or not! Also, we had booked an English-speaking tour of the Hungarian Parliament which ended up being fascinating; if you plan to do this, make sure to make reservations online ahead of your visit. Many of the guests are retired, but there were quite a few still working or recently retired. That way, youll learn exactly how things will work with getting to and from that specific hotel. Guess not. On the ship, you only need the ID, which you can tuck into a pocket. Oh, Im so glad you had a wonderful cruise with amazing service! First timer on river cruise. You will find both 110V and 220V electrical outlets in your stateroom. Has anyone dealt with thus recently? Its important to note that when the ship docks somewhere in the morning and you go on an excursion, you sometimes will be brought back to the ship in a different location like another city further down the river. Many people were. There youll find a countdown to departure, background on each port of call, the entire list of excursions available (some are complimentary; others cost extra) that you can book online, a calendar showing your itinerary for each day, and other helpful information about the cruise. I had a wonderful trip with Viking Cruises' Sun cruise ship, there was good food and with a balcony cabin I enjoyed the view of the sea, good speed Wi-Fi and enjoyed all the Viking offers on board and shore excursions included. Bedside outlets on Viking Star (Credit: Jerome Levine). We could not have chosen any better than the Skirnir and Viking. Youll find Viking river cruises all through Europe as well as in Egypt and Southeast Asia. 9 Best Travel Power Strips You'll Crave For 2022 Cruises I loved the Braun Satin Hair model in my Viking Ocean stateroom so much that I would like to purchase a similar model for home use. The only exception to the no-adapter rule below: Make sure you bring European-style adapters for the plugs, and that the hair tools can run on 220V current (for use near the makeup table in your cabin). Hi Kathleen, For individual tours and dinner reservations, Id let the provider (tour company, restaurant) know what day youll be coming into port. We opted to book through our travel agent with whom we could meet face-to-face, ask questions, and learn from her knowledge of cruising and different cruise companies. Youd need to factor in picking up and dropping off the rental cars and then driving to and from your planned destinations. I liked the hair and cleansing products on the ship, but the hotel had one cleanser for hair and body only. Please note that Viking requires at least 48 hours cancellation notice if you are on the ship and decide not to go on an optional excursion. Good to know, I thought maybe the ship would have a 110 & this would work on its own. I will add one note that we experienced. Im looking forward to ours next year! 11 Final Thoughts about Plug Sockets on P&O Cruises. Irene. We took our first Viking River cruise in 2018 (Rhine Amsterdam to Basel) and leave in a month for the Danube (Budapest to Regensburg) with the pre and post cruise stays.
Gujarati Papdi Sabzi Recipe, How To Make A Braided Rug Lay Flat, Drug Induced Exfoliative Dermatitis, Eastchester Town Board Meeting, Articles V